Experience and knowledge are the pathway to wisdom but
Expertise is the wise application of experience and knowledge
Clients benefit from property claim expertise covering the spectrum of claim adjustment procedures, policy interpretation and application, business interruption and property damage measurement, claim documentation and presentation, and strategic settlement approaches which are based on thirty-five years of domestic and international insurance claims and related experience. Prior projects provide an overview of the size and complexity of issues and results:
- Assisted resort owners after Hurricane Wilma caused nearly $250 million property damage and business interruption loss, but the insurerís adjuster offered less than half of the covered loss. Documentation of claim was strategically submitted to the insurer with evidence to impeach the credibility of their adjuster resulting in proper settlement of the measured claim.
- Assisted a major reinsurer to analyze and report the potential liabilities on reported claims from their cedant on 911 WTC losses involving financial institutions. Findings allowed the client to strengthen reserves to timely claim under catastrophe coverage. (Gross loss > $1 Billion)
- Assisted petroleum refiner whose insurers denied liability for loss due to a flood that damaged its refinery allowing escaped product to damage downstream properties. Analysis of coverage and adoption of strategy led to reversals and settlements by the clientís first and third party insurers. (Gross loss > $100 Million)
- Retained by counsel for insurer on loss of business interruption for a manufacturer damaged by Hurricane Katrina. Analysis of operations and finances demonstrated that the claim was inflated and allowed counsel to settle based on our calculation. (Gross loss > $40 Million)
- Retained by counsel for insurer as expert witness for testimony on coverage and adjustment process which allowed the defendant insurer to win a Southern California suit, alleging Bad Faith, under an all risks builderís risks policy based on exclusionary provisions. (Gross loss > $20 Million)
- Assisted a business owner who had lost all business contents and customerís property from a fire that started in a tenantís store adjacent to the clientís consolidation center. Our assistance and guidance allowed the client to promptly recover the property damage and business income claim payment from his insurer while redirecting over 150 customer bailors to the store owner that caused the fire.(Gross loss > $150,000)
Ancillary experience and skills were gained concurrently from seven years as Manager, Forensic Services in KPMG LLPís Chicago Forensic practice. Projects ranged over diverse industries and focused on assisting clients in many areas, some of which included:
- Fraud and misconduct investigations along with evidentiary gathering, review and interviews, and damages.
- Project management of the creation of international claims operations including roles and job descriptions, performance management and metrics, compliance systems, reinsurance processes, litigation management, claims and management practices, along with developing staff for key management positions in the global operations.
- Analysis, assessment and opinion on posted receivables from outstanding claims as probable of recovery for auditors of public companies.
- Interview of internal and external counsel and analysis of strategy and approach on large claims of public audit clients to assure focus on fiduciary aspects.
- Disaster recovery processes and cost accumulation and estimation for large financial institution, including documentation of values and discussion with their insurer.
Peril, Accident, and Loss Experience
We can be your expert claim advisor to assist you with claim calculation, loss calculation or help with claim issues. Our experience and knowledge can assist your company with ammending to include claim details in your Disaster Planning and Recovery from Disaster and Catastrophe events, including loss or damage from Fire, Lightning, Explosion, Hail, Rain, Sleet, Snow, Theft, Riot, Civil Commotion, Civil Authority, Vandalism, Malicious Mischief, Earth Quake, Earth Movement, Sink hole, Mud Slide, Flood, Surface Water, Wind Storm, Tornado, Hurricane, Collapse, Weight of Ice or Snow, Smoke, Impact, Falling Objects, Freezing, Thawing, Water Damage, Liquid Damage, Sprinkler Leakage, Roof Leakage, Ice Damage, Property Damage, Building Damage, Contents and Stock Damage, Boiler and Machinery Accidents including, Arcing Damage, Machinery, Mechanical, Electrical, or Pressure Vessel Breakdown, Rupture or Bursting and Steam Explosion, or any other All Risks peril including resulting loss of Business Income, or loss resulting from Business Interruption, Extra Expense, Expediting Expense, Contingent Business Interruption, Utility Services Interruption, Power Interruption, Business Loss, Lost Profits, Lost Revenue, Lost Customers, Lost Market Share, Financial Loss, or Time Element Loss and provide Insurance Coverage Expertise for Recovery of Operations, Manufacturing, Processing, Business Pursuits, Retail, Professional Services and related costs under your Insurance Policy. Help with your insurance claim can save you substantial time, money and stress. Let an expert claim advisor guide your business insurance claim calculation, submission, strategy, negotiation and settlement. Our professional business insurance advisory services will enable you to execute properly before and after a loss occurs.
Recovery Assistance can be provided using Project Management format or other reporting styles. Dispute Resolution, Litigation Management, Litigation Support, Alleged Wrongful Denial of Claim, Third Party Suit, Subrogation and Property Claim Expert Witness Testimony services are also available.
Whatever your situation demands, we offer professional services at the right price to give you the best value. Call so we can discuss an approach tailored to your needs.